Monday, January 13, 2014

Getting the full experience

Madeline didn't have a whole lot of time to write this week, but she is doing amazing. 

I just wanted to let you know that I feel I've gotten the full MTC experience this past week. "Full" as in full of trial, experience, learning, and growth. It's not everything I expected it to be, but I have have grown in ways that I never thought I would. 

I think being able to help others has helped me (or forced me...) to realize the Christlike attributes that I need to work on. It has also helped me realize those spiritual gifts that I never knew I had. 

This MTC experience has helped me realize that our Heavenly Father gives us trials in life not so that we can wallow in sorrow and self-pity. He gives us these experiences to refine us into the person that we are capable of being. To bring us closer to Christ and closer to Him. 

I know that my purpose as a missionary is not to watch and see how much I can grow in the gospel, but to help others realize their own potential in life and the love God has for them. He loves them so much that he has provided them the means to be baptized in Christ's name and has given them the Atonement so that they may to return to live with Him again.

Thank you for your prayers and kind words, it makes all the difference :) 









Madeline and her companion, Sister Rizzo


Her district



Is this not one of the cutest things you've ever seen? :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Madeline!