Monday, August 18, 2014

Same area, new companion!

Greetings family and friends!!

This week was TRANSFER week - eek! It is a bittersweet time :) I am thankfully still in WASHINGTON! I love it here! It feel like total home. Maybe that's because I am actually living in the area instead of in the VC apartments... I don't know. But I still love it and everyone here.

My new companion is Sister Archambault! She is from Winnipeg, Canada...eh! I was in the MTC with her for a short while. She was in there for nine weeks because her call was french speaking for the VC! So yes I will have another french speaking companion. And no I do not have the gift of tongues so I will not come home speaking french or spanish....I will only be able to greet you and direct you to the bathroom in about five different languages (thanks to all the bus loads of foreigners we get in the VC wanting our clean restrooms!)

Anyway, I am extremely excited for this transfer! I have thoroughly enjoyed my last transfer with Sister Pearson. I have learned a LOT from her. She has changed a lot since the last time I was with her (back in the trio) - in all good ways of course! It was fun being companions and seeing the changes for good in one another. We were able to benefit from one anothers gifts and talents. She has helped me not only to become a better missionary, but a better friend. And for that I am truly grateful. I am thrilled to be companions with Sister Archambault - I know that I have a lot to learn from her too!!

I will write a lot more next week!! :)

One of my favorite scriptures of my whole mission so far: Jacob 3:1-2 :

1 But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction.

 2 O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever.

Much love, Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Madeline!