Wednesday, October 1, 2014

By small means great things are brought to pass

I will be serving in Washington Fields with Sister Calves! She is from Serent, France :) And I absolutely love her to death. I've served with her in the VC ever since I first got here. She is the french tour bus queen! We will be living on a casida in our area and will still be working in the VC half the day.  Here is some of what I wrote President:

Well I am very excited for my call to serve with Sister Calves in Washington Fields and to serve many sisters as well!! A bit unexpected, but I know great things are in store. This is the first time that I'll have a companion who's shorter than me!! Yahoo!

We'll be a short companionship, but the scripture in Alma 37:6 gives me great hope. That by small and simple means, great things are brought to pass :)

I'm thrilled to see the miracles and growth that will occur this transfer. It's hard to leave Washington - I have learned SO much and I feel I have grown SO much while being there. It's been amazing to see the changes and the progress in the stake. It took 9 months for me to finally grasp what the Lord has sent me out here to do: to learn how to love our brothers and sisters. Don't get me wrong, I am still learning a whole lot on that subject - I don't think I'll ever fully master it in this life. But it has helped me to find so much more meaning through out not only these past few transfers, not only through this mission, but through my mortal existence. I feel the people we taught, the members we worked with, the leaders we we coordinated with, the companions I served with have all contributed to helping me learn this great lesson from Heavenly Father.

When I think of my experience in Washington I think of Mosiah 18 when Alma and his people gathered in the place of Mormon to organize the Church of Christ. In verse 30 it reads:

"And now it came to pass that all this was done in [Washington], yea, by the [desert] of [Washington], in the [stake] that was near the [desert] of [Washington]; yea, the place of [Washington], the [desert] of [Washington], the [stake] of [Washington], how beautiful are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea, and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever.

Well I guess you could use the original word "waters" considering how many floods we've had over here.... But I love this verse so much because not only do I feel that I have come to the knowledge of my Redeemer here, but I have seen many others as well. And no matter how many red rocks and tumbleweeds and gusts of blowing red dust there is over here it will always be beautiful in my eyes for the experiences I have had here.


So that is what I wrote President. I will seriously miss Washington - but my sweet old companion, Sister Morales, will be taking my place. She is the most loving person I have ever met so it is an answer to many of prayers!! These wonderful people need to be taken care of by someone who LOVES them!


P.S. this is a pic of my last district. Was it any coincidence that it was named the "waters of Mormon" district? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Madeline!