Monday, December 22, 2014

I'll be in Manti for Christmas

I'M GOING TO MANTI!! 3 hours away. Tomorrow morning. It feels like a dream! It almost feels as if I'm leaving home all over again. I've lived in St. George for a year now. I've served in 4 stakes here. I've been in the Temple Visitors' Center this whole year. I've adjusted to the red rocks and the warmth...

It's such an interesting experience, transfers are. The only events I absolutely know on my mission are holidays, meetings, and General Conference. I never know where I'll be or who I'll be with for any of these though. BUT you know that wherever you are, that's where the Lord wants you to be. Transfers kind of remind me of this scripture in Proverbs 21:1. "The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will." So, I know the Lord wants me to be in Manti at Christmas with Sister Lasolosi! 

She is my new companion and she is also Tongan!! She comes straight from Tonga. I served in the VC with her for just a little - and oh my goodness she is just the sweetest sister ever. 

The majority of my companions have been French and Tongan... I love it. And I'm really going to miss Sister Liu! She has such a big heart and a rock solid testimony. Plus she is absolutely hilarious! We learned so much together... I'm really going to miss her. I'll miss caroling with her at every doorstep, speaking and singing with her in sacrament, making each other laugh at the door as we're knocking, having super spiritual experiences with our investigators, talking to everyone we see, having deep companionship studies, and most of all, I'll miss her famous coconut rice. Her and her new companion Sister Hansen (the sister I always do music arrangements with) are going to be perfect for Washington Fields. 

And oh my goodness I am going to miss Washington Fields so much.... This is just so weird! We've grown really close to our leaders here of the 11 wards, and especially our investigators. I know without a doubt I will stay in touch with Vincent and Kalii for a longgg long time. I'm trying so hard to not cry over all of it but it's going to be weird when I am thinking about who we're teaching 24/7 and then realizing I won't be able to see them for awhile.  I never quite anticipated this whole aspect of missionary work, having to leave those you love over and over again. I'm forever grateful for the friendships and memories I have here in St. George. And I know there is more awaiting me in Manti!

And I won't even go into missing the VC... but the good thing about that is I know it'll always be there!! We have the exhibit for "He is the Gift" set up in there along with all of our Christmas trees and decorations and nativity sets. Granted I've seen that video about 200 times, I never get sick of it! Watch it on christmas.mormon.org :)

Thanks again for the letters, emails, and support :) I love you all :)

Love, Sister Martin

Sister Hansen, Elder Grover and I played a Christmas arrangement in our Zone Conference. We played "What Child is This." 


One of our Ward Mission Leaders and his awesome family. We were really close with them. The MacLellans :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Madeline!