Monday, January 26, 2015

bit of heaven

Wow it's been 6 whole weeks since I got here to Manti... I think this is officially the fastest a transfer has ever flown for me. But with this transfer we actually have one more week so we get our transfer calls this Saturday. Ahh!! I really hope to stay in Manti. To say I love it here is an understatement... this feels like a little bit of heaven for me :)
We taught 45 lessons this week so needless to say I'm slightly exhausted in all aspects of life right now. Sometimes the thought of living eternally makes me wonder... But this morning I just came across a lovely verse in the book of 2 Chronicles 15:7 "Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded." Every time I feel exhausted or beaten after some hard task I've accomplished in the Lord's service, my mind is brought again and again to "Remember Him." When I'm tired and just want to rest, my thoughts are brought back to the Savior after his death. He didn't stop. He never stops. He went to the spirit world for a whole 3 days still preaching deliverance and accomplishing the work His Father sent Him to do. Sometimes I wonder just how He did it...
We've had some great meetings this week in preparation for Elder Bednar to come this weekend - I'm SO excited! There will be a Saturday night session and then on Sunday he is going to be organizing the new stake presidency. The perfect time for some of our less-actives and investigators to receive confirmation of what we've been teaching them is true.
 
Something I've been realizing lately: Whenever I feel discouraged, tired, or just kind of "blah," teaching a lesson ALWAYS perks up my spirit. That's what I love about teaching so much, it doesn't give you a whole lot of time to think about yourself. Whenever I come out of someones home I feel lighter inside and out. It always brings me back to what my purpose is - To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. 
 
I unfortunately have not been taking very many pictures lately but I need to take more...

I love you all :)
 
Much love, Sister Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message for Madeline!